Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Soho Arts Walk: Various

I was planning on going on the Soho Arts Walk--tomorrow is the last third Thursday of the month for the 2011 summer season, but I'm afraid other plans have gotten in the way.  In any event, I thought I would at least mention it for others to go if they like. The website that includes a pdf a map of all the galleries open to visitors for free is Soho Arts Walk Map.

I've happened upon some of these galleries in just my daily life (like the Cupping Room where I had brunch with friends a couple of weeks ago), so I know at least some of the art is interesting and compelling.  If you have the time and the inclination, this could be a great way to spend the afternoon.

If you can't make it tomorrow, but are interested in visiting the almost innumerable galleries in NYC, check out the Gallery Guide, the monthly magazine guide to leading galleries and museums. You can find hard copies (see right) at galleries for free (rather than the $5.50 cover price) or access the information online, which is a great way to check out galleries by area (e.g., Soho, Upper East Side, etc.).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment